The first and only hyaluronic acid microdroplet injectable indicated to improve cheek skin smoothness.
SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®, a modified hyaluronic acid gel formula, helps the skin retain its natural moisture and softness leading to an improvement in the skin smoothness of the cheeks. Hyaluronic acid increases your skin’s natural hydrating ability to retain moisture and softness. Hyaluronic acid, a water-attracting molecule found in your skin, naturally decreases with age and sun exposure. SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® microdroplets of hyaluronic acid help address the effects, such as texture changes and dullness.
Enhance your natural glow—without changing your natural look
FDA approved, clinically proven
Healthier-looking skin no matter your skin type or tone
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR SKINVIVE™ TREATMENT
- Multiple microdroplet injections—where a tiny amount of product is injected just below the skin—are performed on each cheek
- Lidocaine, a common pain reliever (you get it at the dentist), is an ingredient in SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® to keep you comfortable
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Since SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® is hyaluronic acid, not a filler. However, the modified hyaluronic acid in SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® is designed to improve cheek smoothness and hydrate from within for smooth texture and a radiant glow—without changing your face shape or volume. SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® pairs well with botox and other filler injection appointments. Not ideal to be coupled with Sculptra® or laser treatments.
Treatment with SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® has minimal downtime, especially compared with other skin quality treatment recovery times that can stretch up to 2 weeks.
The results of SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® are clinically proven to last up to 6-12 months with optimal treatment. An optional touch up may be needed to achieve the desired aesthetic effect, so we recommend seeing your licensed specialist every 6 months to see if you should get treated.
You may have seen hyaluronic acid as an ingredient in moisturizing creams or serums. In SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®, hyaluronic acid attracts water within your skin to keep your cheeks hydrated and smooth looking.
The most commonly reported side effects were redness, lumps/bumps, swelling, bruising, pain, tenderness, firmness, discoloration and itching. Most side effects will resolve within 7 days. If they persist longer, your physician may choose to treat them with medications, such as antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase. Additionally, there have been reports of inflammation, nodules, unsatisfactory result, loss or lack of improvement, allergic reaction, anxiety, blood vessel blockage, infection, dry skin, increase or decrease in sensation, and abscess.
Delayed-onset inflammation near the site of dermal filler injections is one of the known adverse events associated with dermal fillers. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site
- Tell your provider if you are using any medication that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners. As with any injection, this may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Tell your provider if you are planning laser treatment, chemical peeling, or any other procedure after SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®. There is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site
- This product is intended for improving skin smoothness of the cheeks. The safety and effectiveness for treatment in other areas of the body have not been established
- Tell your provider if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response. Use may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Tell your provider if you have a history of excessive scarring (thick, hard scars). The safety of this product in patients with a history of excessive scarring has not been studied and may result in additional scars
- Tell your specialist if you have a history of pigmentation disorders, as use of this product in patients with a history of pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in changes in pigmentation