The combo treatment begins with a full face Dermaplane treatment to exfoliate and prepare the skin. Then the medical grade, Vitalize Peel is applied to the skin. This self neutralizing peel will result in moderate peeling that may last up 7-10 days. Pre-Appointment Instructions: Avoid direct sun exposure and any exfoliating products including retinols 72 hours prior to treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
For best results, it is advised to avoid the following for 1 week prior to your treatment:
- Sun Exposure, tanning, self tanner
- Depilatory creams
- Laser treatments
- Any harsh exfoliating products
- Any products that may be drying or irritating, including products containing salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, vitamin C, hydroquinone, retinoids, and prescription topical skin medications applied to the face.
- Shaving of the area to be treated.
It is recommended that makeup not be applied for the rest of the day after treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight.
Do not go to a tanning bed or use self-tanner products for at least 2 weeks post procedure.
Do not pick or pull on any loosening skin. This could potentially cause bleeding, scabbing and/or scarring.
Do NOT have any other facial treatment, including laser treatments, for at least one week after your peel. You may resume the regular use of retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acid, beta hydroxy acid, vitamin c or bleaching creams ONLY after peeling process is complete.
For 3 days post procedure
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Hot shower spray directly to the treated area
- Hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas
- Hair dryer heat to the treated area
- Excessive/strenuous exercise causing excessive perspiration
- Swimming/exposure to additional chemicals
- Do not use loofahs, scrubs or other means of exfoliation
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area·
After receiving a chemical peel, the skin may look and feel like a mild windburn for the next two or three days.
After 48 hours, flaking may occur for up to the next week which can easily be controlled with gentle moisturizer.
Be sure to tell your provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- If you’ve had any facial treatments including but not limited to laser, microneedling, facials, injectables, etc., in the last 2 weeks.
- If you are taking any medication that makes your skin more sensitive.
- If you have had a sunburn or peeled in the last week.
- If you are taking or have taken Accutane in the last 6 months.
- If you get cold sores on your face.
- If you have rosacea or inflammation or an active infection on the face.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of hirsutism.